Friday, April 20, 2012

diy decoupage map mirror

Not too long ago while stumbling around on the internet I found this amazing set of drawers. I fell in love. I started thinking how I could create something like this for my own home. My original plan was to transform a thrifted side table I found at Goodwill, but never really got around to it. With Jordan and I working completely different schedules, trying to find time to decoupage is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I had to think small and quick.

*A mirror. Perfect!


Photobucket
S even helped :)


Looking around my house I found all of the supplies needed.

  • a map
  • a mirror (I found mine for $5 at an estate sale!)
  • mod podge
  • a foam brush
  • scissors
Directions:
simply cut your favorite parts of your map into strips or squares long enough to wrap around to the back of your mirror


Photobucket


brush mod podge onto the back of your map, one piece at a time
apply a piece of the map to the surface of your mirror use your fingernail to press the map into the decorative creases so it lays neat 



Photobucket



and flat against every curve and crevice

wrap the extra length of the map to the back of your mirror and make sure it is secured flat repeat until finished once the mirror frame is covered

apply a thin coat of mod podge to the entire frame and allow to dry



Photobucket
I sill have to find the perfect place to hang it.


Viola! You have a beautiful mirror hand decorated by you.

Leave a comment and let me know how your mirror turns out. I would love to hear your feedback.

1 comment:

Please, make a comment. I would love to read what you have to share :)